Share the Gospel using a system of verses from the Book of Romans
Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- We have all sinned.
- We have all done things that are displeasing to God.
- There is no one who is innocent.
(Romans 3:10-18 gives a detailed picture of what sin looks like as God sees us before reconcilation with Him.)
Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- The punishment that we have earned for our sins is death. Not just physical death, but eternal death!
- Teaches us about the consequences of sin.
- Eternal life is available but only as a free gift from God through Jesus Christ
- There is nothing we can do to earn it (Eph 2:8-9)
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Jesus Christ died for us!
- Jesus’ death paid for the price of our sins.
- Jesus’ resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus’ death as the payment for our sins.
- “while we were sinners” proves that you don’t have to clean up your act before coming to God. He loves you just the way you are and you can and should come to Him just as you are.
Romans 10:9, “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- Because of Jesus’ death on our behalf, all we have to do is believe in Him
- Trusting His death as the payment for our sins – and we will be saved!
Romans 10:13 says it again, “for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death.
- Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Romans 5:1 “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Through Jesus Christ we can have a relationship with God.
- Through Jesus Christ we can be at peace with God (rather than being enemies Eph 2:2-3)
Romans 8:1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
- Because of Jesus’ death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins.
- Jesus sacrifice on the cross paid for all our sins; every one of them.
Romans 8:38-39, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Nothing can take away your salvation (nothing you can do or anyone else can do) because nothing is more powerful than God Himself who holds your salvation.